Take a listen:
n My Bones belongs to the category of songs that make me wonder how their composition came about. What came first? Lyrics? Melody? Harmonies? Beat? How did they come up with all these crazy ideas?
I set myself the task of creating a rhythm from the melody, which I illustrated by blobs in the upper part of the picture. A 7/8 time signature would have fit from the number of blobs. The blob placed higher can be interpreted as an accent.
Unfortunately, I have to admit that lack of motivation keeps me from realizing this task. Interpreting the blobs seems arbitrary and I feel a bit uninspired considering the task of creating a rhythmic pattern isolated from any melody or harmony. Note to self: Talk to Nadine Nix about it and get some input on this topic.
So this picture is still waiting for its bright musical idea.
The following thoughts and assoziations arose from this painting:
- blaze of color
- beauty/beauty ideal
- blood pulsating
- wild mixture
- Feeling free
- first love, orgasm, desire, longing for someone
- Interwoven – intertwined
- new love -Is one already authentically oneself in front of the other person? Somehow you become a different person through hormonal chaos
- energy/energetic appearance
- not being able to sleep – not being hungry anymore
- the only need is the feeling to be in love